The Place Finder’s enhanced Terms & Conditions. You must adhere to these once you decide to use our service.
These terms & conditions apply only to The Place Finder. If you do not accept these terms, you must not use this website.
1. The property finding agency (Hereafter referred to as “The Place Finder”) agrees to try to make appointments at your convenience to view properties within your stated budget.
2. Theplacefinder.co.uk acts as an appointment making agency only; contacting & introducing prospective tenants to landlords.
3. This service will be provided for one month from the date you join the agency; Once you have been accommodated this contract will no longer be valid.
4. Once you join The Place Finder you will be provided with a Membership ID Number. It is your responsibility to provide this each time you contact us; without this it will not be possible to help you.
5. It is your responsibility to contact your personal consultant by phone or email with your availability on the days that you are available before 12pm.
6. If you fail to contact us we will assume you are not available to view properties and therefore will not make any appointments for you.
7. The fee is non-refundable however refunds can be provided upon the manager’s discretion. You will need to write to us through the “contact us” section to find out if you are eligible. Your membership can also be frozen until you are ready to commence your property search.
8. The prospective tenant is solely responsible for all agreements, contractual obligations and exchange of monies between him/herself and the landlord. The Place Finder excludes any liability and will take no responsibility in the event that any dispute arises between the landlord and tenant.
9. Rent and Deposits are paid directly to landlords & we do not take any responsibility for any money paid to a third party.
10. Contracts are non-transferable.
11. In the event of landlord unavailability or inaccessibility, you agree to The Place Finder using third party websites for appointment making purposes.
12. Some landlords and/or management companies may charge for credit reference checks and their own fees. The prospective tenant is responsible for these charges if applicable. (non-DSS).
13. The agency fee is payable on acceptance of our Terms & Conditions of Service prior to any work commencing.
1.1 “We” are The Place Finder.
1.3 When you use this Site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, you may not use this Site.
1.4 Certain uses of this Site are prohibited and amount to a misuse of our systems and the Site. Please refer to clause 3.
1.5 You may not print and keep a copy of these Terms. We may change these Terms at our discretion by changing them on the Site. The then current version of these Terms will apply whenever you use this Site.
2.1 The copyright and all other intellectual property rights in this Site (including all database rights, trade marks, service marks, trading names, text, graphics, code, files and links) belong to us or our licensor(s). Subject to clause 3, you may download material from this Site for the sole purpose of using this Site. However, you must not copy, transmit, modify, republish, store (in whole or in part), frame, pass-off or link to any material or information on or downloaded from this Site without our prior written consent.
2.2 Without limitation to clause 2.1, the device Theplacefinder.co.uk logo is our registered trademark. You may not use or copy it without our prior written consent.
Your Obligations and Conduct
3.1 You accept that you are solely responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specification necessary to use this Site and that your computer system is compatible with this Site.
3.2 You must not misuse our system or this Site. In particular, you must not hack into, circumvent security or otherwise disrupt the operation of our system and this Site, or attempt to carry out any of the foregoing.
3.3 You must not use or attempt to use any automated program (including, without limitation, any spider or other web crawler) to access our system or this Site, or to search, display or obtain links to any part of this Site, other than the home page at www.Theplacefinder.co.uk, unless the automated program identifies itself uniquely in the User Agent field and is fully compliant with the Robots Exclusion Protocol (a “Permitted Program”). Any such use or attempted use of an automated program (other than a Permitted Program) shall be a misuse of our system and this Site. Obtaining access to any part of our system or this Site by means of any such automated programs (other than a Permitted Program) is strictly unauthorised.
3.4 You must not include links to this Site in any other website without our prior written consent. In particular (but without limiting the foregoing) you must not include in any other website any “deep link” to any page on this Site other than the home page at www.The Place Finder without our prior written consent.
3.5 You must not upload or use inappropriate or offensive language or content or solicit any commercial services in any communication, form or email you send or submit, from or to the Site.
Barring from the Site
4.1 We reserve the right to bar users from this Site and/or restrict or block their access or use of any and all elements of our services, on a permanent or temporary basis at our sole discretion. Any such user shall be notified and must not then attempt to use this Site. All IP Addresses are recorded at our discretion.
5.1 Due to the nature of software and the internet, we do not warrant that your access to, or the running of, this Site will be uninterrupted or error free. We shall not be liable if we cannot process your details due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
5.2 The information provided on this Site is for general interest only and does not constitute specific advice. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on the Site is accurate, complete and up-to-date we make no warranties or representations that this is the case.
5.3 We make no warranty or guarantee that the Site or information available over it complies with laws other than those of England.
6.1 Nothing in these Terms will be deemed to exclude our liability to you for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
6.2 Subject to clause 6.1, we will not be liable for any failures due to software or Internet errors or unavailability, or any other circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
6.3 We may put in place such systems as we from time to time see fit to prevent automated programs being used to obtain unauthorised access to our system and this Site. You are not permitted to use automated programs for such purposes and any such use or attempted use by you of such automated programs is at your own risk. Subject to clause 6.1, we shall not be liable to you for any consequences arising out of or in connection with any such use or attempted use of automated programs to obtain unauthorised access to our system or this Site.
6.4 Subject to clause 6.1, we accept no liability for any loss suffered as a result of your use of this Site or reliance on any information provided on it and exclude such liability to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6.5 Subject to clauses 6.1 to 6.3 inclusive, we shall not be liable to you for:
6.5.1 any indirect, consequential, special or punitive loss, damage, costs and expenses;
6.5.2 loss of profit;
6.5.3 loss of business;
6.5.4 loss of reputation;
6.5.5 depletion of goodwill; or
6.5.6 loss of, damage to or corruption of data.
7.1 English law shall apply to these Terms. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these Terms and for those purposes irrevocably submit all disputes to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
8.1 All notices shall be given:
8.1.1 to us, by email here.
8.1.2 to you, by email to the email address that you provide to us at the point of your registration.
8.2 All notices sent by email will be deemed to have been received on receipt (or, when received on a UK national holiday or on a Saturday or a Sunday, the next working day following the day of receipt). All notice sent by post will be deemed to have been received 3 working days after the date of posting.
Customer Feedback and Quality
9.1 We operate a system to ensure that all customer feedback is dealt with fairly and consistently, and is properly recorded. We welcome any suggestions that you make about how we may improve our service. Please email us at info@The Place Finder or contact us here. We aim to acknowledge all customer feedback.
9.2 Phone calls directed to our Customer Service Team may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
10.1 We may from to time to time change the content of this Site, edit the terms & conditions or suspend or discontinue any aspect of this Site, which may include your access to it. Our notifying you to the contrary, any amendments or new content to this Site will not be necessary.
10.2 These Terms are the whole agreement between you and us. You acknowledge that you have not entered into this agreement in reliance on any warranty or representation made by us (unless made fraudulently). If a court decides that any part of these Terms cannot be enforced, that particular part of these Terms will not apply, but the rest of these Terms will. A waiver by a party of a breach of any provision shall not be deemed a continuing waiver or a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provisions. Failure or delay in exercising any right under these Terms shall not prevent the exercise of that or any other right. You may not assign or transfer any benefit, interest or obligation under these Terms. The provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these Terms.